Version 220.127.116.11 - August 20, 2015
Enhancement and bug fix release. Addresses 46 pre- and post-beta GitHub issues.
- Support for BJCP 2015 style guidelines.
- A conversion function for existing competitions already accepting entries that wish to use BJCP 2015 styles for judging.
- Admin option to enable/disable automatic purging of unconfirmed entries (in addtion to more robust purge scripting).
- Entries by Sub-Style report.
- Option to have entrants print only bottle labels for each entry (no recipe sheet).
- Delete function for individual scored entries.
- Updated nomenclature to clarify Registration Window vs. Entry Window dates.
Version 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, and 126.96.36.199 - September 13, 2013 through November 1, 2014
Bug fix releases. Addresses GitHub Issue 295, Issue 298, Issue 300, Issue 302, Issue 304, Issue 305, Issue 311, Issue 313, Issue 314, Issue 316, Issue 317, Issue 318, Issue 319, Issue 321, Issue 325, Issue 326, Issue 327, Issue 328, and Issue 329. Issue 330, Issue 332, Issue 333, Issue 334, Issue 335, Issue 336, Issue 337, Issue 338, Issue 339, Issue 340, and Issue 342 as well as other minor unreported issues.
Version 188.8.131.52 - September 4, 2013
This is a bugfix release. Addresses Google Code Issue 285, Issue 286, Issue 288, Issue 289, Issue 290, and Issue 291.
For those experiencing any issues related to initial browser-based setup of BCOE&M, the bcoem_baseline_1.3.0.X.sql document was added to the package. It contains the necessary database structure and dummy data for a NEW installation that can be installed manually via phpMyAdmin or shell access. Be sure to follow the directions in the document before use, especially those relating to security.
Version 184.108.40.206 - August 15, 2013
This release marks some major improvements to stability, security while addressing server load issues:
- Code extensions in the form of custom modules - admins can extend the functionality of BCOE&M with their own HTML or PHP code (advanced users only).
- Barcode option for bottle entry forms and entry check-in so comp staff can use a barcode scanner to check-in entries and assign judging numbers them. The methodology was tested in the 8000+ entry National Homebrewers Competition this year and was very well received by the competition staff.
- Pre-registration option - users can create their accounts and enter their personal information, judging preferences, etc. before entries are accepted.
- Entry limit per user option.
- Subcategory entry limit per user option - from unlimited to a single entry per user per subcategory.
- Subcategory entry limit exception option - for those subcategories that lend themselves to a broader range of interpretation (e.g., Specialty Beer, Spice/Herb/Vegetable Beer, Open Category Mead, Specialty Cider and Perry, etc.).
- Admin ability to enable/disable search engine friendly URLs for all public pages.
- Extended printing options including larger round bottle labels, labels with special ingredients, category/subcategory only labels, etc.
- Expansion of recipe-related fields to accommodate more ingredients - malts/grains, other fermentables, and hops increase to 20 fields each, mash schedule increases to 10.
- Enhanced recipe entry with robust checks for the presence of required information for certain styles (e.g., special ingredients for Category 23, strength for mead styles, etc.)
- Extended use of session variables to limit calls to the MySQL database for redundant/constant pieces of information customized for each user.
- Numerous behind-the-scenes coding clean up and enhancements aimed at improving performance and reducing page load times.
Of course, there were some bug fixes in there as well. Addresses the following reported issues on Google Code: Issue 198, Issue 206, Issue 207, Issue 218, Issue 221, Issue 222, Issue 223, Issue 225, Issue 226, Issue 227, Issue 228, Issue 229, Issue 230, Issue 231, Issue 232, Issue 236, Issue 237, Issue 240, Issue 241, Issue 242, Issue 243 , Issue 245, Issue 246, Issue 247, Issue 249, Issue 252, Issue 253, Issue 254, Issue 255, Issue 256, Issue 257 , Issue 258, Issue 260,Issue 261, Issue 262, Issue 263, and Issue 266.
Version 220.127.116.11 - November 28, 2012
This release features mostly bug fixes and a couple of enhancements:
- Enhanced the data integrity functions to be very explicit with regard to messaging about special ingredients/classic style requirements.
- Added the ability to utilize "clean" URLs for public pages (Entry Information, Rules, Volunteer Info, etc.)
- Updated to Fancybox 2.1.3
- Updated to some CSS3 scripting, especially concerning rounded corners (now supported by IE9)
- Fixed some Archive display issues resulting from legacy code and database structure
Addressed all verified bugs reported to Google Code (Issue 186, Issue 188, Issue 189, Issue 190, Issue 191, Issue 195, Issue 197, Issue 199, Issue 200, Issue 202, Issue 204, Issue 205, Issue 208, Issue 209, Issue 210, Issue 211, Issue 212, Issue 213, Issue 214)
Version 18.104.22.168 - October 23, 2012
This release again features mostly bug fixes and a few enhancements.
- Enhanced the data integrity checking for sub-styles that require participants to enter special ingredients and/or a classic style (beer, mead, cider), as well as strength (mead) and carbonation/sweetness (mead, cider).
- If participants do not add the requisite information, their entry is marked "unconfirmed," and subject to deletion after 24 hours.
- Enhanced display of entry numbers to four digits (0000 - 9999). Standardizes display.
- Minor tweak to processing of proper names to allow for dashes, initials, and apostrophes.
- Tweaked the special ingredient bottle label download to only show the requisite categories.
Addressed all verified bugs reported to Google Code (Issue 177 , Issue 178, Issue 179, Issue 180, Issue 181, Issue 182, Issue 183, and Issue 184).
Version 22.214.171.124 - October 6, 2012
This release features mostly bug fixes and a few enhancements.
- Added more CSV exports (all paid entries, all non-paid entries).
- Added more options for printing sorting sheets.
- Enhanced display of judging numbers to make them more readable at a glance. Uses the convention: XX-XXX (e.g., the fourteenth entry in category 3 would be 03-014).
Addressed all verified bugs reported to Google Code (Issue 160, Issue 163, Issue 164, Issue 166, Issue 167, Issue 169, Issue 171, Issue 172, Issue 173, Issue 174, Issue 175, Issue 176, and Issue 177).
Version 126.96.36.199 - September 2012
This release features a few fairly major upgrades and numerous minor ones. It also addresses bugs reported between December 1, 2011 and August 25, 2012.
- Added browser-based database setup and updating.
- Added the ability to for the BCOE&M installation to run on a shared database (or multiple installations on a single database).
- Added the ability to cap the number of entries.
- Added custom winning category functionality.
- Added ability for competitions to accept payment via Google Wallet (Issue 48 on Google Code).
- Added localization capabilities. Allows for granular, time-zone specific dates and times to be utilized by the program.
- Added registration windows for judges and stewards (now separate from regular entrants). Comps can now register judges and stewards before and after the entry window (Issue 133 on Google Code).
- Added the ability for admins to designate the method to designate winners (by table, by category or by subcategory - Issue 142 on Google Code).
- Added a new public page: Volunteer Information (thanks to Bruce Buerger for his contribution).
- Added data integrity scripting that checks for inconsistencies between the user and brewer tables as well as deleting any entry that is either blank or is not attributed to any verified user.
- Added another bottle label option that includes special ingredients (if any) on the label itself. Useful for Category 23, for example, and custom categories.
- Added the ability to export promo materials in Bulletin Board Code (BBC) format. Useful for posting a competition announcement to various homebrewing forums.
- Added the ability to export all entry data in CSV format (Issue 149 on Google Code).
- Added time stamping for users and entry updates (Issue 52 on Google Code).
- Added ability to filter admin display of paid entries (Issue 129 on Google Code).
- Added granular display of the number of entries that had reduced fees from a promo code (Issue 146 on Google Code).
- Updated the BJCP Ranks to utilize those that went into effect April 1, 2012 (as reported to SourceForge). Added explanation/help text to the participant information screen.
- Cleaned up archived data display.
- Addressed all verified bugs reported to Google Code (Issues 117, 119, 120, 123, 124, 127, 137, 138, 150, 151, 152, 153, 155, 156, and 157).
- Deprecated the option to choose whether to utilize BCOE&M for competition organization. Going forward, it will be assumed that Administrators will utilize the organization functions (those beyond simply gathering participant and entry data) as little or as much as they wish without needing to specify as such.
Version 188.8.131.52 - December 2011
This release address several bugs and feature enhancements that were reported to Google Code and SourceForge between October 21, 2011 and November 30, 2011.
- Addressed Issue 109: Admin Add/Edit of Entries
- Addressed Issue 111: Upload Image Function Allowing Non Admins to Upload
- Addressed Issue 112: Users Not Seeing Entries (Case Sensitivity of User Names)
- Addressed Issue 113: Registration Section shows Entry Window Closed Date
- Addressed Issue 114: Competition Contacts Not Working
- Addressed Issue 115: Incorrect Name on Results List
- Addressed Issue 116: Inconsistent Display of Entry and Judging Numbers
- Judges and stewards are now able to register as either/both after the designated entry window has closed.
- Admins now have a "Numbers at a Glance" box on the main admin page to quickly get the number of entries, participants, etc.
- Results sheets now have a "club" column.
Version 184.108.40.206 - October 2011
This release address several bugs and feature enhancements that were reported to Google Code and SourceForge? between September 16, 2011 and October 21, 2011.
- Fixed PayPal connection error (Issue 96)
- Fixed pullsheet issue (Issue 98)
- Fixed forgot password function error (Issue 99)
- Fixed display of scores and places on participant list of entries (Issue 100)
- Fixed calculations of BJCP judge, steward, organizer, and staff points (Issue 101)
- Fixed bug in exporting of participant data, specifically judge likes and dislikes (Issue 102 and Issue 105)
- Fixed bug in judge/steward assignment (Issue 107)
- Fixed bug in judge/steward assignment print outs (Issue 108)
- Added the ability of participants to enter a mead judge designation
- Added a judging number to each entry that only administrators see
- Added the ability for admins to regenerate judging numbers if the need arises
- Added the ability for admins to designate any circuit that their competition qualifies for (MCAB, etc.)
- Updated to the latest version of TinyMCE
Version 220.127.116.11 - September 2011
This release address several small bugs and feature enhancements that were reported to Google Code and SourceForge? between August 18, 2011 and September 13, 2011.
- Fixed PayPal connection error (Issue 92 on Google Code).
- Fixed Archive data display bug (Issue 95).
- Fixed bug preventing PayPal payments on installations that have discount codes (Issue 96).
- Fixed minor bug that allowed entries to be added without a Entry Name (Issue 97)
- Added reported strength, carbonation, and dryness levels for Cider and Mead styles to pullsheets.
- Added coding to convert entry name and brewer name entry text to show proper capitalization.
- Added Google Web Fonts API fonts to the css files of all themes.
Version 18.104.22.168 - August 2011
With version 22.214.171.124, BCOE (and now M) has been greatly improved by the addition of a complete competition management suite of tools - hence the added "M" - that give brew competition organizers a one stop, web-based solution to effectively and easily manage their event.
This version adds:
Printing and Reporting Functions
Judge and Steward Assignments
Results by Table (HTML, PDF)
BOS Results (HTML, PDF)
BJCP Staff Points (PDF, XML)
Participant Address Labels
Judge Score Sheet Labels