Assigning Judges, Stewards, or Staff to Pools and Tables
A function of the competition management functions included in BCOE&M is the ability to designate participants as either a judge, steward, or staff member for purposes of reporting points earned to the BJCP.
However, the program goes beyond simple reporting of assignments. Administrators are able to assign judges and stewards to specific tables, flights, and rounds for ease of organization come judging.
How to Access
To add participants to the judging, stewarding, or staff pools:
From the main Administration page: Expand the Organizing section; click "Participants as Judges," "Participants as Stewards," or "Participants as Staff" under the Assign heading
From Admin on the top menu: Organizing > Assign > Participants as Judges, Participants as Stewards, or Participants as Staff
To assign participants as judges or stewards to specific tables and flights:
From the main Administration page: Expand the Organizing section; click "Judges or Stewards to a Table" under the Assign heading
From Admin on the top menu: Organizing > Assign > Judges or Stewards to a Table
The process to assign judges and stewards is three-fold:
- Participants, upon registering, indicate whether they are interested to be a judge, steward, or both.
- Administrators view the available judges/stewards and assign them as either via the "Assign Participants as Judges" or "Assign Participants as Stewards" links.
- After tables and flights (if using traditional, non-queued judging) are defined, Administrators then assign judges and stewards to specific tables and flights via the "Assign Judges/Stewards to Tables" link.
Action: Assign to Judge, Steward, or Staff Pools
Choose whether to assign participants as judges, stewards, or staff. Place a check in the box next to each participant's name that you wish to add to the designated pool.
Action: Assign to Tables and Flights (As Necessary)
Choose the table to assign judges or stewards.
- If using queued judging, click the "Yes" radio button for each participant you wish to assign to the table.
- If using traditional or non-queued judging, choose the flight to assign the participant to from the drop-down menu.
Note that, when assigning judges or stewards to a table, there are four types of colored boxes that may be displayed: Orange, Red, Green, and Blue.
- Orange indicates that the participant is already assigned to the current round at another table.
- Red indicates that one or more styles are on the participant's "dislikes" list.
- Green indicates that one or more styles are on the participant's "likes" list.
- Blue indicates that the participant has an entry at the currently displayed table and therefore cannot be assigned.
Assigning participants to the judging, stewarding, or staff pools:
Assigning participants as judges or stewards to specific tables and flights: